- “STARBOARD – PORT styled – 2010″ is our sweet dessert wine made with 100% native Virginia Norton grapes first aged in high quality American oak and then finished in whiskey barrels which adds a really unique character. The Norton grape resembles those used for centuries in Portugal to make port which sets the standard for all others to aim for and we believe it will serve that purpose well. We serve it with hand crafted chocolate made here in Virginia specifically for us. This wine won a silver medal at the Indy International wine competition. Price – $37.00
- “CABERNET FRANC – 2010″. Cabernet Franc is fast becoming the most popular red Bordeaux grape grown in Virginia and we likely will be known for its quality much like Oregon is for their Pinot Noir. 2010 is being regarded as a phenomal vintage year here in Virginia and our 100% version is already living up to that promise. We expect that Cab Franc will be our flagship red wine and we are extremely pleased with the promise this wine is already displaying at its young age – it has an alc of 13.5%. We are proud to report that this wine won a double gold medal at the Indy International Wine Competition and there were only 4 total given in this category with two of those being in California. Price – $26.00
- “Merlot – 2009″ – This wine is a blend of 75% Merlot, 12.5% Cab Franc, 12.5% Cab Sav and was aged in French oak for nearly two years. It has an alc of 13.7% and was neither fined or filtered so it might throw a slight residue as a result. Virtually all Bordeaux red varietals benefit from extended barrel or bottle aging and we expect this wine to improve over time as well. This wine won a bronze medal at the Indy International Wine Competition. Price – $24.00
- “R.E.D.” -2010” – is our 100% Chambourcin red wine. Chambourcin is becoming a very popular red hybrid grape grown in Virginia and we are pleased to have it added to our wine list. Ask about the derivation of the name when visiting the tasting room. This wine won a silver medal at the Inday International Wine competition. Price – $21.00
- “Sparky” - 2011″. It is our goal to produce a very high quality Rosé wine much in line with the finer European versions. While the blend may change from year to year depending upon the quality of the grapes, we have selected a mix of 21% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot and 52% Cabernet Franc for this vintage. Like R.E.D. above, ask about the derivation of the name when visiting the tasting room. This wine won a silver medal at the Indy International Wine Competition. Price – $20.00
- “Hitch Hollow -2011″. This 100% Chardonnay was aged in French oak barrels and the fruit from this year can only be described as simply delicious. Hitch Hollow was a community located partially on our property and dating back to the late 1800′s. This wine then is dedicated to those hearty pioneers who toiled the land before us. Price – $22.00
- “Ole Moo Moo -2011″. This is our off dry (slightly sweet) white table wine that was aged 70% in stainless steel and 30% in American Oak. Like our Rosé mix, this blend will also change from year to year. The blend we have selected for 2011 is 13.6% Viognier,15.8% Seyval Blanc, 19.1% Chardonnay, and 51% Vidal Blanc with a 12.5% alc and 1.6% residual sugar. We were once in the cattle business here at the Desert Rose Ranch and this wine is a tribute to our one remaining cow who has become a neighborhood celebrity. We are pleased to report that this wine won a gold medal at the Indy International Wine competition. Price – $22.00
- “GiGi Peachi“. (Temporarily sold out) Many of you have visited the tasting room and met brother Ken’s greeter dog GiGi. She has become a very popular fixture with our guests and we therefore decided she needed a wine named in her honor. We now are offering her wine made from 100% locally grown peaches. While it is a fruit wine – it is one that just might surprise you especially the “brown sugar” finish. The alc might also give you a kick as it came in at 15%. This wine really surprised us and won a bonze medal at the Indy International Wine competition. Look for GiGi to be featured in the 2013 Virginia Wine Dogs Calendar. Price - $15.00.
- “DESERT DELIGHT” – 100% Vidal Blanc sweet dessert wine with an alc of 15.5% and residual sugar of 8%. We have released this wine just in time for the holidays. Price – $19.50.
1. Eight wines includes Starboard plus delicious hand made chocolate – $8.00
2. Five wines (which currently excludes the Cabernet Franc) – $5.00
3. Fees for groups of six or more. Six wines – $10.00; five wines – $8.00. Will include separate seating area and dedicated staff.